Select one of the following disorders:
• Depressive disorder
• Generalized anxiety disorder
• Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
• Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Create a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you compare and contrast the major approaches to clinical psychology—psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, humanistic, and family systems—in relation to the selected disorder. Address the following items:
• Discuss the philosophical origins of each approach.
• Identify the goals of each approach.
• Describe the techniques and strategies used by each approach.
• Explain how each approach affects the treatment strategies for your selected disorder.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of each approach, in relation to your selected disorder, based on treatment outcome research.
Analyze the concept of patients’ rights and the concerns of physicians and nurses, as they apply to patients facing end-of-life decisions. Give your opinion on whether or not health care professionals are suitably educated in the sensitive nature of end-of-life and patient expectations. Provide a rationale for your response.
Analyze the major connections between liability of professionals, insurance policy coverage, and settlement of claims due to health care liability issues. Consider the concept of insurance coverage denial, and ascertain the manner in which such denial is built upon the limitation clauses and conditions set forth by the insurance provider.
Explains multiple reasons why medical service demand increased in the past century; what reason(s) do you believe to be most significant? Why?
Discusses the economic and policy factors that led to the widespread use of employer-sponsored insurance:
Do you think that employees with high or low incomes were more likely to obtain employer insurance in the 1970s? Why?
Do you think there is a conflict of interest (economic or other) between:
(1) Providers (e.g., physicians, hospitals),
(2) Insurance Companies),
(3) Patients, and Employers providing employer-sponsored insurance? If so, what interests among each one of the aforementioned parties are aligned, and which ones are competitive?
Using the Medicare Nursing Home Compare website, research one nursing home that displays a low level of quality as indicated by their Five Star Rating*
•The nursing home should display a low level of quality (-2 star rating)
•The nursing home should display a low level of safety
After thoroughly researching your nursing home on the Medicare Nursing Home Compare website, discuss their quality performance and life safety indicators. What types of deficiencies did this nursing home receive in its most recent survey? Discuss the scope and severity of these deficiencies. What would you do to correct some of these problems?
For this assignment, you are asked to perform the following tasks:
1. Describe the evolution of healthcare information technology by identifying key technological advancements in each decade, beginning with the 1960s, that had a direct impact on healthcare administrative and clinical functions.
2. Which decade do you feel was most significantly related to advances in health information systems? Please discuss.
3. Based on your own personal views, which specific law or act had the most significant advances for health information systems. Please discuss.
4. Discuss what the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is and its significance to health information technology.
American Nurses Association. (2015). Nursing: Scope and standards of practice (3rd ed.). Silver Spring, MD: Author.
In your course on evidence-based practice (NR439), you learned that research generates the evidence upon which you base your practice. Think about how research and EBP can influence your practice.
How does a nurse contribute to nursing research in your current or previous nursing setting?
How do you utilize research through EBP in this setting?
What is a problem you see in your current or previous clinical practice that could be addressed by an EBP project?
What are some solutions you would propose for the problem?
What cultural and religious factors influence the family health and social status?
What are the family goals?
Identify any external or internal sources of support that are available?
Is there evidence of role conflict? Role overload?
Does the family have an emergency plan to deal with family crisis, disasters?
Identify 3 nursing diagnosis and develop a short plan of care using the nursing process.
Please use at least 3 scholarly evidence-based practice references besides the class textbook to sustain your assessment. A minimum of 1000 words are required, excluding the first and reference page (Websites can be used but will not count toward grading).
Throughout this course, you have viewed the “Diary of Medical Mission Trip” videos dealing with the catastrophic earthquake in Haiti in 2010. Reflect on this natural disaster by answering the following questions:
Propose one example of a nursing intervention related to the disaster from each of the following levels: primary prevention, secondary prevention, and tertiary prevention. Provide innovative examples that have not been discussed by a previous student.
Under which phase of the disaster do the three proposed interventions fall? Explain why you chose that phase.
With what people or agencies would you work in facilitating the proposed interventions and why?
Write a 2- to 3-page paper in which you do the following:
• Describe the PMHNP practice environment for your home state, highlighting restrictions or limitations for practice.
• Compare the PMHNP practice environment in your home state with a neighboring state or a state in which you would like to practice ).
• Describe a professional and clinical practice issue a new PMHNP will need to consider and address with the certification, licensure, credentialing, or relocation process.
• Develop a checklist for passing the national certification exam, including a detailed timeline that includes academic preparation (study plan), registration, financial prepar*ation, et
Continuing with the same cultural group and health issue for the Session Long Project that you began in Module 1, write a paper to address the following:
Describe the Relationships and Expectations of the group you chose. Specifically address how each of the PEN-3 model’s three factors within the dimension of Relationships and Expectations applies to your group and provide examples.
Use subheadings to clearly show that you have addressed each of the three factors. Support your discussion with references from scholarly and professional references (not just your opinion).
Length: 2-3 pages (excluding the cover page and the reference list).